走进威彻斯特走读学校的石柱, 驱车沿着蜿蜒的小路穿过高大的树梢, 周围是郁郁葱葱的树叶和可爱的景观. Soon to appear before you are several school buildings with the focus of attention being drawn to a stately, 都铎风格的大厦，有塔楼和独特的烧橙砖砌. This building was the original residence of the Weatherbee family which was built on the Constable estate, occupying 26 acres of land bordering the Long Island Sound near Orienta Point in Mamaroneck. It is currently utilized for middle school classrooms, offices, the Library and the mg摆脱游戏免费试玩 Synagogue.
威彻斯特走读学校 opened its doors in September 1948 with an enrollment of 54 boys and girls in kindergarten through grade 4. S. 莫里斯Plotnick, a Cambridge-educated mathematician and Hebrew scholar from Maimonides Yeshiva in Boston was selected as headmaster. Mr. Plotnick established the tradition of education that promoted the highest standards in Judaic and General Studies, 它强调了“Torah in Derech Eretz" 学习方法. 他担任了30多年的校长，直到1981年正式退休.
"The 威彻斯特走读学校 is the optimistic herald of a new era for our country. It is the most tangible symbol that American Jewry is vibrantly alive and shall continue to live. 随着这所学校的发展, a strong and authentic generation will arise - one having that inner conviction and knowledge which alone can assure our vitality." - S.M. 普洛特尼克，校长，1949
从历史的角度来理解威彻斯特走读学校, mg摆脱免费玩官方网站需要回到1947年, 当时威彻斯特还没有犹太小学. 一群人见了大卫·戈洛文斯基拉比, the spiritual leader of Temple Beth El in New Rochelle and determined there was a need for establishing an institution where Jewish children could receive a superior education in both Judaic & 一般的研究. Mr. Mortimer Propp, a real estate investor interested in Jewish causes, was called in as an advisor. 可以说，“剩下的就是历史了”.”
在奥. 探索的建议, the group purchased 26 acres of land as well as the buildings and furnishings from the Weatherbee family. The 威彻斯特走读学校 was established under the name of the Westchester Religious Institute. 然而, the history of the property dates back to 1661 when John Richbell purchased it from the Siwanoy Indians as part of a larger parcel of land.
里奇贝尔死后, 他的遗孀, 安, 把大部分房产卖给了凯勒·希斯科特, 土地传给希斯科特幸存的女儿和她们的丈夫. In 1848 the land was subdivided, large sections were sold, and the land changed hands several times. Then, in 1884, Amy Henrietta Constable Weatherbee, became the owner of the property. 她和丈夫是第五大道时尚商场的老板, 阿诺德·康斯特布尔, 直到1971年，该公司在新罗谢尔的主街上有一家分店. 康斯特布尔·威瑟比庄园后来成为威彻斯特走读学校.
In 1965, 以适应不断增长的学生群体, 新建了一个侧翼，其中包括八个额外的教室, 一个图书馆, 科学实验室, 自助餐厅和教师休息室. This wing is known as Wolfson Hall in honor of Solomon and Nellie Wolfson of England. 贝蒂·沃尔夫森·夏皮罗和她的丈夫, 哈罗德, 谁的儿子和孙子参加了白龙会, 为这座建筑提供了主要的礼物. 艾萨克·沃尔夫森爵士, 他是盎格鲁犹太人的领袖和慈善家，也是贝蒂的哥哥, 参加了沃尔夫森堂的落成典礼, 和卡拉顿勋爵一起, 时任英国大使, 到美国.N.
The vision that inspired the founders of 威彻斯特走读学校 continues to inspire today’s generation. 学校继续在犹太和通识研究方面提供卓越的服务. 除了, 善良, empathy and a commitment to country and community are attributes the school endeavors to develop in the students who attend this very fine institution.